Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jose and Maritza Wedding

What a joy and pleasure it was for me to work with Maritza. Maritza and I went to Cypress Creek High School together about 10 years ago. She happen to run into my Mother and Maritza told me Mother she was going to get married. My mother quickly told her that I could help. This was at the end of April. Maritza called me a few days later and we talked on the phone for a few hours. After we talked we set a date for me to meet here future Husband over dinner and talk about what we wanted to do for the reception. We had a lovely and we had some great ideas for the reception. For the next couple of weeks I came up with some sketches for the flowers and centerpieces. We set up a dinner date to talk them over at BJ's @ the Loop. Maritza loved what I had to show her as well as a great time @ Bj's. I LOVE ME SOME BJ'S :0) From there we then set up a date to go around town and find what we were going to use for the centerpieces and made a day of it. As well as look for her shoes to go with the Dress we found together weeks ago by chance. These are things I love to do with the bride to be. As time went by I got all the little things put together like place cards and table #'s all done by hand. The week of the wedding Maritza and I went to pick up the 500 some odd flowers from the flowers shop on Wednesday around 1pm. I got home and it was time to get to work. I prepped the flowers which took me about 12 hours and I loved every minute. Thursday morning I got up and had my coffee and got started at 9:30 am. It was time to get going. The 1st thing I did was the Bridal Bouquet I picked the most beautiful flowers there were. After the bouquet I moved on the the centerpieces. In total I had to do 12 centerpieces. 1 by 1 I got them done and the more I did them the more beautiful my dinning room table look. I finished friday morning at 2.am. I still had a few things I had to finish before the wedding. So I got up at 9 am to finish the made of honer bouquet, corsages for the mothers, the boutonnieres for the groom, best man and fathers. All the time trying to get a hold of Maritza not knowing that her phone had ran out of battery. Around 2 pm she came by my house to let me know she needed for me to make a through away bouquet. For a split second I was a little scared but after that second went away I got to work and finished it in no time. I have to say I am DAMN good. So it was that time to go to Hunters Creek Country Club to start the set up. Thank you to my Mother, Father, Brother and Sister-in law for their help. With out them I could not have done it. It's so great to have my family as support. Once we got the the Country club it was time to get going. Which I have to say DJ and her staff at the Country Club were nothing short then amazing. Everything went on time on my end, table were set and ready for the reception. My family and I had everything done and we had time to sit and share a coke :0). Once the people began to come in I could hear everyone talking and saying how beautiful everything was, By hearing that it brought me so much joy and happiness. This is something that I love to do and by make others happy make me happy. To many more :0)






W

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Marybackwards Design on Facebook

About Marybackwards Design

As a dancer for many years, Yram comes from a creative background. His interest in events sprang from planning crew parties on many of the ships where he danced. He learned how to make something spectacular from limited resources and carries that experience into this venture. He looks forward to planning your next event and making it an unforgettable experience!

  © Blogger template Purple by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP