Thursday, February 25, 2010

Star birthday cake

Well I have to say this was such an amazing birthday for me this year in so many different ways. 1 would be my birthday cake. I wanted to think out side the box but still give a little bit of me. I designed this cake a few weeks ago. I know black who knew , but everything that I design looks so much better after it comes to life. My cake Boss Ileana Berrios and I got together the day of my birthday that was held at Bj's at the loop. She had spent a few days before and made my delicious chocolate and amaretto cream filling cake. She also had made the fondant in the different colors. I got to her house around 11:30am and got started on rolling out the fondant. It was like playing with play-do. But I could eat it. YUMMY! We had such a great time and I learned so much. Once I had cut out all the stars I started to place them onto the cake. Both Ileana and I would amazed on how beautiful the cake came to life. We were so proud of the work we had done together. I have to say it brought me so much joy. Now I know what it feels like when a Bride gets the cake of her dreams. The cake was such a big hit. We placed the cake at a table next to are table at BJ's and everyone that walked by love it and had to say how beautiful it was. So if anyone that reads this and would like a special cake made for them hit me up and we could me work something out. I hope you enjoy my blog:0)Yram


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Marybackwards Design on Facebook

About Marybackwards Design

As a dancer for many years, Yram comes from a creative background. His interest in events sprang from planning crew parties on many of the ships where he danced. He learned how to make something spectacular from limited resources and carries that experience into this venture. He looks forward to planning your next event and making it an unforgettable experience!

  © Blogger template Purple by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP